We are proud to share with the EMS community that St. Anthony Hospital is a Comprehensive Stroke Center, recognizing the select group of hospitals with the state-of-the-art infrastructure, staff and training necessary to receive and treat patients with the most complex strokes.
St. Anthony Hospitals PreHospital Services is your link to accredited Emergency Medical Education in Denver Metro and surrounding Colorado communities. We consider EMS agencies vital partners to our hospital and are commited to providing the services, resources and protocols that allow for the best possible patient care and outcomes.
Our EMS education center is located in 34 Van Gordon St., Ste 201, in Lakewood. In this new facility, just across Union from the new St. Anthony Hospital, students will benefit from:
- Increased classroom space with dedicated skill and simulation capability.
- State of the art video conferencing capability to provide synchronous video conferencing capabilities with our EMS partners.
- Two dedicated simulation labs with built in video conferencing and recording capabilities, as well as an isolated control room to allow for remote instructor oversight.
- Computer resources that allow the students access to online educational resources that are maintained by the school.
- Close proximity to the new St. Anthony Hospital for student clinical experience.
- Improved parking to which minimizes conflicts between students and hospital staff or patients.
Our emergency medical educational and training programs are designed to meet the needs of fire departments, EMS agencies, EMS professionals and those pursuing an EMS career and include:
- EMT Certification Program
- Paramedic Certification Program
- Continuing Education for the EMS Provider.
- Specialty classes including ACLS, PALS, ITLS & NREMT-Testing.
Whether you are looking at an exciting career where you can help people or you are already an experienced EMS professional seeking a quality environment to attain your continuing education, we have the resources you need. Benefits of choosing St. Anthony Hospitals PreHospital Services and Institute of Emergency Medical Training:
- A new state-of-the-art education facility that includes dedicated simulation labs.
- We interact with local, state, regional and national organizations to make your job easier.
- We provide Medical Advisorship to more than fifty-five emergency response agencies.
- Our team is highly motivated and each member of our staaff has a common interest in the advancement of EMS.
- Our backgrounds represent several levels of the medical specialties including: EMT, paramedics, nurses, and medical doctors, business professionals and hospital administrators